“A House Not Meant to Stand” and “Bakersfield Mist”
On April 2, L.A. Weekly will honor the best work on intimate stages in Los Angeles from 2011 at the 33rd annual L.A. Weekly Theater Awards. The Fountain Theatre has received 9 LA Weekly Theater Award nominations for plays produced in 2011.
- Revival Production of the Year – House Not Meant to Stand
- Lead Female Performance - Sandy Martin, A House Not Meant to Stand
- Supporting Female Performance - Lisa Richards, A House Not Meant to Stand
- Two-Person Performance - Bakersfield Mist (Jenny O’Hara and Nick Ullett), Fountain Theatre
- Playwriting - Stephen Sachs, Bakersfield Mist
- Production Design - A House Not Meant to Stand
- Set Design – Jeff McLaughlin, A House Not Meant to Stand
- Sound Design - Peter Bayne, A House Not Meant to Stand
- Projection Design - Keith Skretch, A House Not Meant to Stand
The LA Weekly Awards are always a high-octane affair, sort of the “anti-Award Show”. Loud, raucous, rebellious. Each year following a different “theme”. This year, the event will be a replication of the first-ever theater awards ceremony, circa 450 B.C., honoring Dionysus, god of fertility and wine. Lauren Ludwig directs music/sketch comedy troupe Lost Moon Radio, hosts of the Greek bash at the Avalon in Hollywood.